Sunday, 31 March 2013

John Green


Hello, since I did my book review on The Fault in Our Stars, I thought perhaps I would do a bit of an author review. I first discovered John Green in early January upon walking into Waterstones and noticed the eye catching simplicity of the cover of The Fault in Our Stars (TFIOS). I have actually known a few people who have suffered from cancer, 2 out of 3 have died and so I wanted to hear somebody else’s view on the terrible disease. The Fault in Our Stars is an incredibly moving and heart warming book and did  at one point top the New York Times Bestseller List (just like one or two of his other books have). Now, all of a sudden his books have become incredibly popular gaining him what I assume would be millions of fans around the world. The way Green writes provides you with a very insightful view on topics that really makes you think and have to sit for a while trying to get your head around what he is saying. I have now moved on to read Looking for Alaska and cannot wait to find out what happens. Other books by Green include; Will Grayson, Will Grayson, An Abundance of Katherine’s and Paper Towns :D
Happy Easter as well, I am an Atheist therefore don’t take the day as seriously as people who are Christian but here is to chocolate lovers as well. Sorry to be negative but I call it the diabetes hat trick when you eat too much chocolate as well. Anyway HAPPY EASTER!

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.