Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Missing Me by Sophie McKenzie


Missing Me is the final book in English author Sophie McKenzie’s “Missing” series. The book features Madison, an American 15 year old girl who has briefly come to live in England before uncovering a shocking and heartbreaking secret. It is at that point that Madison decides to cautiously go on a mission of her own to hopefully uncover the truth. That is until suddenly, one by one things seem to turn horribly, horribly wrong.

In the two previous books named Girl, Missing and Sister, Missing the story is told from the viewpoint of Lauren, Madison’s older sister who was kidnapped as a baby and brought to England. Eventually she found her way back to her real parents. I was a bit stupid and read the last part of the series first, however I do have good reason. My best friend is a huge fan of Sophie McKenzie and she was unaware that the final part of the trilogy had been published, so I decided to buy it her for Christmas. Much to my dismay and surprise, I discovered that it was a signed copy! It was the fastest time in which I have ever read a book and I think it only took me around two days to complete. 



Overall, I loved the book and highly recommend it, there were many moments where theatrical gasps should have taken place and numerous twists and turns as well as difficult (very difficult) situations. It covers a variety of themes and is gripping from the very first sentence. Nonetheless, I think that there was only one thing I disliked about the way McKenzie has wrote this book. The fact is that the majority of people you meet will like some fast pace action and drama but this was too fast. Everything in the last 3 quarters of the book seemed to take place in one day, perhaps even over what seemed like five hours and I think that maybe if it was slowed down slightly there would be slightly more intensity and power in the text.


Also, please check out the lovely Cat’s blog “Through a Cats Eyes” where many interviews from fellow bloggers are taking place – including me!!
Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.