Thursday, 16 May 2013

Desert Island Books

I finally finished my exams! Twelve in three days! Unfortunately, my friends all had their mock ICT GCSE exam today (I got an extra music lesson) so I really hope that they did well on that. I saw this tag floating around the blogosphere and it made me stare at my book shelf thinking what I have and haven’t read. So here it is...
Re-read: The Fault In Our Stars. I bought this at the beginning of January and absolutely loved it. It made me laugh, made me cry and made me smile. Since completing the book I have read it again as it was overall a beautiful story.
Unread: I have two; firstly Lord of the Rings (the whole trilogy). I went to see the Hobbit last December and it was amazing! I am just wondering if the Lord of the Rings will be just as good. I also own the DVD’s but haven’t got round to watching them yet. Another is Chocolat, I have watched snippets of the film of this many times because Johnny Depp is in it and I have come to the conclusion that it is probably just as great on the pages.
Old Favourite: Matilda by Roald Dahl. Some people may see this as childish but I have read this book about eight times and never stop loving it.
Series: It has to be Harry Potter. Since the final film was released I have developed an obsession for the books and films and am simply fascinated by the whole Potter Universe. Nothing compares to Harry Potter.
Random Selection: The Perks of Being a Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky, The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar – Roald Dahl (it kind of counts as a collection of stories, including Henry Sugar but it is so clever).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.