Saturday, 18 May 2013

Now is Good Film Review

Words cannot begin to describe just how sad this film was. 

The film is an adaptation of the 2007 Jenny Downham book “Before I Die” and is based around Tessa Scott, who is dying of Leukaemia. As the cancer spreads throughout her body, Tessa  decides to create a list of things that she has to do before she dies – sort of like a Bucket List – including several things that surprise her parents, including breaking the law. The film also reflects how Tessa realises she wants her parents to understand her and get along better before she goes, her father being obsessed with finding a cure for his daughter, with his only coping mechanism being denial and her mother not having a clue about anything to do with cancer, she finds herself stuck in between them.

 And then she meets Adam, she falls in love and everything changes. All I can say about this film is that it is phenomenal and left me speechless. The way that the film was directed made the story so believable and real that I was convinced it was actually happening. Many people have said that this like many others is a “Feel Good Film”, the reality is that this film made me feel terrible but it has seriously made me think about what I am doing with my life and what I want to do otherwise. I am quite pleased to say that one of the things on my bucket list was to have a blog (so that definitely can be crossed off J ). By the time that the film ended, I sobbed for about twenty minutes. 

I NEVER cry at films, even the sad ones so I can tell that this is a really moving story.

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.