Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Book Tag


What are you reading right now?
Starter for Ten by David Nicholls
Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that?
Just whatever catches my attention when I look on my book shelf. 
What book seems really popular but you actually hated?
Twilight. I read 5 chapters and could not continue or of pure boredom.
What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone?
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green.

Where do you usually get your books?
Usually Waterstones as it is possibly my favourite shop ever. If not I tend to go into WHSmiths.

Where do you usually read your books?
Before I go to bed, travelling on trains and coaches, and when I have some free time that I can't fill with any other activity.
When you were little, did you have any particular reading habits
I used to by books based on the designs of their covers and if I really liked something I would read it over and over again.
Have you ever “faked” reading a book?
New Moon. It gave me an excuse to hide behind a book in the library at my old school without being kicked out or having to listen to an awkward conversation between my old friends.

Have you ever bought a book just because you liked the cover?
I used to do that all the time and usually the book was good and I was lucky in those scenarios. However, it usually is that I won't make a second glance at a book if it has an unappealing cover. A books cover does actually say a lot about its context.
What was your favourite book when you were a young child?
I have a massive collection of Jacqueline Wilson books from when I was younger. Just a piece of my childhood that I want to hold on to.

What is your favourite passage from a book?
“I'm in love with you," he said quietly.
"Augustus," I said.
"I am," he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.” 
I love every single word in this book but it was this little paragraph that particularly moved me. - The Fault in Our Stars.

What are your top three favourite authors?
- J.K Rowling
- John Green
- Cat Clarke

What book has no one heard about but should read?
hmm... It would have to be Struck by Lightening by Chris Colfer. As you may be aware, Colfer plays Kurt Hummel in Glee however he is also a producer, scriptwriter and published author, this being his first book. I did not have high expectations for this book and am currently taking a break from reading it but so far it is really good and I definitely recommend it.
What is your favourite classic book?
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.