Tuesday, 30 July 2013

London

So since my last post, I have been on holiday... and still am. London is somewhere that I have always enjoyed going to and have not come here since I was five, so a lot has changed in nine nearly ten years, but my love for this city has not. So I thought I would show the first day of my holiday to you.

Me and my brother came to the decision a few years ago that given that we like different things, we would go on separate holidays, so it is just me and my Mum in London at the moment. We arrived on Saturday morning and I really love it here. I have never seen so many people in my life, particularly in Trafalgar Square  and yet I felt really at home. As you know I am naturally very shy and so don't tend to like scenarios like this but I just love the constantly busy atmosphere. This picture above is of Nelson's Column in Trafalgar Square and it was really hard to actually get a good picture because there were people walking everywhere and so if you were not careful you were knocked over. Before actually arriving in Trafalgar Square, we decided to go on a long walk around the City of Westminster. This featured seeing monuments such as the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey. Having monuments like these really make the city beautiful in my opinion and it was incredible to see them.

This is not exactly the most interesting a photographs but it was just a spur of the moment thing. I have an addiction to buying books (a bookaholic some may say) and after we had left the National Portrait Gallery I spotted a Waterstones. So we went in and it was just like the Tardis and it was enormous inside. Although you can get books in any Waterstones when you go to one in a city centre e.g London or where I am from in Manchester, you find a much larger selection which I found particularly thrilling and it resulted with me leaving with Paper Towns by John Green in tow. This photo was of the Trafalgar Mango and Passion fruit smoothie that they had in the Costa Coffee upstairs and I really wanted to photograph some sort of food or drink that I had in London - don't ask why.
So that was my first day in London. Right now I am sat in a cafe typing this up after taking a look at the London Underground and visiting a few shops. I will upload my second day soon - at Warner Bros. Studio Tour!

Holly x
Ps: Please take a look at my Guest Post on Rachel from Booktastic Reviews blog HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.