Saturday, 6 July 2013

Summer Book Wishlist #1


1. Undone by Cat Clarke - Jem Halliday is in love with her gay best friend. Not exactly ideal, but she's learning to live with it. Then the unspeakable happens. Kai is outed online ... and he kills himself. Jem knows nothing she can say or do will bring him back. But she wants to know who was responsible. And she wants to take them down. A searing story of love, revenge and betrayal from a bestselling author.
I have read Torn and I am now beginning to read Entangled, both of which are by the same author and were/are amazing. I have come to the conclusion that in spite of her unique writing style Cat Clarke is a pretty good author and at some point I am going to have to buy this book instead of occupying a small corner of Waterstones whilst and try and read it bit by bit.

2. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer - Nine-year-old Oskar Schell has embarked on an urgent, secret mission that will take him through the five boroughs of New York. His goal is to find the lock that matches a mysterious key that belonged to his father, who died in the World Trade Center on the morning of September 11. This seemingly impossible task will bring Oskar into contact with survivors of all sorts on an exhilarating, affecting, often hilarious, and ultimately healing journey.
This book has had a great deal of positive recognition since it was first published in 2005 and released as a film in 2011. I don't know why but I have a strong feeling that once I begin reading this book I will just fall completely in love with it. Additionally, I am quite interested in recent history (including 9/11) and so this maybe the book for me.

3. Ketchup Clouds by Annabell Pitcher - Fifteen-year-old Zoe has a secret - a dark and terrible secret that she can't confess to anyone she knows. But then one day she hears of a criminal, Stuart Barnes, locked up on death row in Texas. Like Zoe, Stuart is no stranger to secrets. Or lies. Or murder.
I have read Pitcher's first book "My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece" and I absolutely loved it. This technically should not be on the wishlist as I went and bought it today because it has just been released in Paperback. (Also I wanted to catch a glimpse of Liz Kessler who was signing books in my local Waterstones). But I love Pitcher's writing style and think that this book will really be one of a kind.
All synopsis' are from Goodreads.com.
Holly x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.