Thursday, 5 September 2013

Literary Dinner Party

1.One character that likes to cook - Mrs. Weasley, because not only does she clearly enjoy cooking, but I gather from the many references in the books that she is an excellent cook and the food is great. 

2.One character who has money to fund the party - I do have something in mind, but I know that if I'm not careful this will be entirely become Harry Potter references. But instead I'm going to chose Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby because although I've not actually read the book yet, I do have a good knowledge of it and know that he is a very wealthy character.

3.One character who might cause a scene - Alaska Young from Looking for Alaska. She is bold and dramatic and the type of person a lot of people wouldn't want to be friends with, but she is at the same time and is so unique from any other character.

4.One character who is funny/amusing - Brian from Starter For Ten. This is the book I'm currently reading and it is from the first person POV of Brian Jackson. He is smart, witty and some of the thoughts that go through his head are incredibly amusing. This is definitely the funniest thing I've read in a while.

5.One character who is social/popular - Sam from The Perks of Being a Wallflower. The Wallflowers aren't exactly the most popular of people at times because they all have their unique quirks but Sam seems to be the most outgoing and social out of them all. 

6.One villan - Draco Malfoy - I know, a lot of HP references but I can't invite Lord Voldemort. Draco is a character that you love and hate at the same time. You really hate him for being on the Dark Side but you can't help but like him, plus he turns out to be good in the end.

7.One couple - Easy. I know I never shut up about Harry Potter and this probably drives some readers away. Well tough! I would have to invite Ron and Hermione who are my OTP (one true pairing) and they are so perfect together that it is purely heart warming.

8.One hero/heroine - Matilda, from Roald Dahl's book Matilda. Some people might disagree with this selection but in some ways she is a hero and she drives Ms Trunchbull out of the school as well as being adopted by Miss Honey. 

9.One under appreciated character - Luna Lovegood. I don't mean that she's dramatic but because she is so bold and stands out from the crowd she does turn many heads

10.One character of your own choice - Hazel Grace Lancaster, from TFiOS. She is a beautiful character on the inside and out and I feel that she's so strong that it's incredibly admirable how she copes and deals with her difficult situation. 

Oh and the picture at the top of the post is a section of my bookshelf - featuring John Green.

Holly x

R.I.P AH - 2 years today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.