Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Liebster Award #2

Thank you very much to Erika from The Red Bookmark for nominating me, here are my answers for the Liebster Award.

1. What is your biggest book peeve?

That's a really difficult question. Probably having stupid, naive and weak female characters which overtime have become very stereotypical. Also when in a series of books, the author recaps on what happened in the previous book, because everybody already knows what happened there and wants to continue on with the story. 

2. What is your most favourite thing about book blogging?

I chose to do book blogging because out of all topics (apart from Harry Potter) books are the thing I am most passionate about. So my favourite thing to do is writing the reviews because I get to spend a lot of time reading and also have my say on books in a place where people respect one another's views.

3. Can you read if there is constant noise around?

No. I find it really difficult, even with music on to read. Silent reading at school is very difficult because out of my entire form, I am one of the only people who is actually silently reading so it is very hard to concentrate and focus on what is happening so I tend to chose a book that I know I don't need to give much attention, therefore, I don't lose what's going on.

4. Who is your favourite book character?

My favourite character will always be Hermione Granger. This is because I remember being eight or nine and watching the films and my parents always telling me that I was like her. I'm not saying I'm like her in every single way, but she is very similar to the way I am and is a character I have understood better than any other.

5. What is your opinion on book-to-film adaptations?

I think it is a great idea, so long as they don't change the plot or cut characters out of the story completely e.g - Charlie Weasley in Harry Potter. I'm really looking forward to seeing The Fault in Our Stars next June though!

6. Have you ever seen the film before reading the book?
A lot of people won't like this but I don't feel ashamed to say that I saw the Harry Potter films before I began reading the books. I saw the final film in July 2011, having not seen any of the other films apart from PS and CoS. Watching that film is the reason I became obsessed and fell in love with Harry Potter and I honestly don't think that would have happened if I had read the books first.

Thanks Erika once again.


Here are my questions:

What is your favourite book?
What is the worst book you have read?
If you could be any character, who would it be?
If you could live in any fictional place, where would it be?
Are you going to see any upcoming book - film adaptations?
Why are you a book blogger?

I nominate...

Fionnuala - Books for Birds
Emma - EmmaIsWriting
Cate - Reading Until Proven Innocent

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.