Friday, 11 October 2013

Upcoming Book Adaptations

Catching Fire - November 2013
Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark become targets of the Capitol after their victory in the 74th Hunger Games sparks a rebellion in the Districts of Panem.

Opinions:
I have quite mixed opinions of this film despite the fact that it hasn't been released yet. If you have read my review of The Hunger Games, then you will know that I really wasn't that impressed by the book and I said that I had no intention of going on to read Catching Fire and Mockingjay. However, I remember in a drama lesson at my old school we watched the majority of the film of The Hunger Games and I absolutely loved it. So I'm going to go against my previous statement and I'm going to read Catching Fire. 


The trailer for this film is incredible and it looks ironically beautiful from the way it has been filmed, so hopefully it will be just as good as the prequel.
UK Release Date: 22nd November 2013

Divergent - March 2014
Beatrice Prior, a teenager with a special mind, finds her life threatened when an authoritarian leader seeks to exterminate her kind in her effort to seize control of their divided society.

Opinions:
Sadly, I haven't read Divergent yet. Well... only about the first forty pages over about a months worth of visits to Waterstones once a week. From what I have read, it is incredible and such a gripping Dystopian where people are divided based on their traits and personalities. However, a Divergent is someone who doesn't fit into just one division and sometimes could fit into all of them. The film features Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort and Kate Winslet and I think hopefully it will live up to the huge expectations.

UK Release Date: 21st March 2014

The Fault In Our Stars - June 2014
The Fault in Our StarsDespite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Opinions:
Oh boy... where do I begin. I haven't got much to say about this film as I know if I don't make it brief I could go on forever. Like Divergent, the film's main cast includes Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as Hazel and Augustus. John Green wrote the script for the film and he has also overseen a great deal of the filming. So what I'm trying to put lightly is that IF THIS FILM IS ANYTHING LESS THAT AMAZING THEN I WILL BE HEART BROKEN. 

UK Release Date: Unannounced 
US Release Date: 6th June 2014
Photos from IMDB and Goodreads. 

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.