Monday, 11 November 2013

1st Blogoversary: The First Page

Thank you to everyone who emailed me or wrote a comment regarding yesterdays post - it really reminded me of what great friends I have made through this blog. Today I wanted to tell you the very first chapter of this hopefully long story/journey of blogging that I'm going on. I have wanted to share this for a long time and think that the celebrating one whole year of A DayDreamer's Thoughts is the perfect to do this.

I'm not very sure where I begin but I think I should first go back to June 2012. A lot of this will remind you of yesterdays post as I first discovered blogging in Shout Magazine. They were doing a few months of sections where the editor was trying to inspire people in different ways when thinking of the future. One magazine was based around writing and a page was talking about blogging where they had interviewed a blogger called Cat. She was talking about life as a blogger. I was really intrigued so took a look at her blog and it inspired me to start my own. I called it The Life of a Harry Potter Obsessive - as much as I can talk forever about Harry Potter I realised it was a lot harder than I thought it would be to write about so it was R.I.P. 

In early November I came across the same magazine again, read through the same article and once again was inspired but this time I decided to do it differently. I came up with a whole new blog and called it A DayDreamer's Thoughts - because I am forever day dreaming and at a very difficult time I just wanted somebody to listen to my thoughts and hopefully understand what I was going through. It was only a couple of months later that I discovered that there was such thing as being a "Book Blogger" and many people did this. I realised that that was what I wanted to do so slowly I have included more and more posts about books and less about other stuff (although I do have the occasional moment where I go a little mad) but I think it has turned into a Book/Film/Music blog because those are the areas I have the most knowledge about. 

I've met some incredible people who have been so kind and that like I mentioned yesterday, have become my friends at a time when I literally had none at all. I have friends in real life now but the people here in the blogging world mean a great deal because the reason I started this blog was because I desperately needed someone to talk to and now I'm at the stage where I can tweet someone, I'm friends with a few bloggers on Facebook or via the comment boxes but it feels great to be part of something like this.

So that is the first page of A DayDreamer's Thoughts - I hope that along with me, maybe you will turn over and continue.

Further Blogoversary Celebrations will continue for a couple more days. 
Holly x

Happy Armistice Day. Remember to wear a red poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.