Sunday, 8 December 2013

Bookish 2013 Part 2

reading-life-20131. New favourite book blog you discovered in 2013? 

Definitely The Mile Long Bookshelf by Amber. Obviously there have been others that are wonderful which I have discovered but Amber's Blog is definitely one of my favourite blogs. I love her writing style and everything she does to promote her blog e.g. a Facebook page, a YouTube channel, and she even has a newsletter once a month. I just think it's incredible :)

2. Favourite review that you wrote in 2013? 

Hmm, I think that would have to be my review of Torn by Cat Clarke. I felt so passionate about the book, far more than I had about any book in quite a few months and although it received no comments on my blog whatsoever, I felt so pleased with how much I wrote and what I had to say about the book.

3. Best discussion you had on your blog?

I think the best "discussion" or posts that had the best response were:
1st Blogoversary: Thank You - Blog and Twitter
Bloggers on Bullying: Captured - Blog and Twitter

4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?

Discussion: Bloggers on Bullying - created by Sophie. I saw these posts on Sophie's, Amber's and Charli's blogs and I found them all very moving and that encouraged me to talk about my experiences.
Review: Ketchup Clouds by Annabelle Pitcher - To Another World. Charli wrote this review really well and she made me want to read my copy of it even more (still haven't).

5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

Sadly I haven't really haven't participated in much - I've done a few guest posts and contributed to some posts as per request of the blogger. I have also joined in in some series' of posts e.g. the Bloggers on Bullying series. But this has only been my first full year as a blogger and so I think I was still trying to get A DayDreamer's Thoughts to take off and fly. Cat and Charli's Summer Reading Smackdown was something I participated in and along with Amy, I WON!

6. Best moment of book blogging/your book life in 2013?

Book Blogging: The moment I hit 50 followers on Twitter, and my first Blogoversary.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

Comments & Views: 1st Blogoversary: Thank You - received four comments and 77 page views.

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

ALL OF THEM. I know this sounds a bit picky but I'm one of those bloggers who hardly EVER gets a single comment. I try really hard to make these posts but apart from the occasions on Twitter the comment boxes remain empty and it feels a bit demeaning. 

I would really appreciate it if people let me know what they think of my book reviews. (PLEASE?)

9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

The best thing I discovered was the BookTube community. I'm so pleased to have discovered that people do vlogging about Books! I've only got into YouTube this year and so it's understandable why I never knew this before.

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I beat my Goodreads 2013 Challenge of 6 books (I'm a slow reader) I've read 10 and are currently reading another two.
I finally finished the Harry Potter series - to many, many tears and sobbing. 

2014-books


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?

 Geek Girl by Holly Smale.

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?

Earthquake by Aprilynne Pike. Earthbound was amazing and I know that the sequel will be released next year.

3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

Now That I Am Stronger by Valina Rudolph. I got my first ARC of sorts except this is a digital version for my laptop. I can't wait to start reading it.

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.