Friday, 10 January 2014

Book Feature: Getting Rooted in New Zealand

Craving change and lacking logic, at 26, Jamie, a cute and quirky Californian, impulsively moves to New Zealand to avoid dating after reading that the country's population has 100,000 fewer men. In her journal, she captures a hysterically honest look at herself, her past and her new wonderfully weird world filled with curious characters and slapstick situations in unbelievably bizarre jobs. It takes a zany jaunt to the end of the Earth and a serendipitous meeting with a fellow traveler before Jamie learns what it really means to get rooted.

About the Author:
Jamie Baywood grew up in Petaluma, California. In 2010, she made the most impulsive decision of her life by moving to New Zealand. Getting Rooted in New Zealand is her first book about her experiences living there. Jamie is now married and living happily ever after in the United Kingdom. She is working on her second book.
As some of you may remember, I got the opportunity to interview Jamie for this blog last month which you can read HERE
Jamie also kindly shared with me some of the reviews she received for her book and so here are a few of them:


“I read this book in one night over four hours. I couldn't put it down. It was so, so entertaining. I laughed out loud on numerous occasions - comedy highlights include brain poisoning from complications over a hair perm, eating stale sunflower seeds and the multitude of accent-related mistakes. Jamie is a lovely, endearing protagonist and I can guarantee you'll fall in love with her.A must read for anyone.” (5 out of 5 stars) Thomas Sainsbury (Amazon Customer Reviews)
"I've got this book and finished read it all so quickly,because I couldn't stop reading it. It's just so hilarious!! I can't wait to read her next book. I highly recommend to read this book for everybody. I absolutely loved it!!" (5 out of 5 stars) S Halls (Amazon Customer Reviews)
“Honest Humour... A great read! Honestly and effortlessly humorous. I giggled lots and really felt for Jamie at her times of struggle. Thank You for sharing so openly your experiences, obstacles and breakthroughs” (5 out of 5 stars.) Sparkles (Amazon Customer Reviews)
“What a fun read! The author clearly has a unique way of viewing the world and finding humor in ordinary situations. Best of luck!”(5 out of 5 stars) s1stergoldenhair (Amazon Customer Review)
You can find Jamie on...
Twitter: @JamieBaywood
Facebook: /jamiebaywood
Pinterest: /jamiebaywood

Holly x

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.