Saturday, 18 January 2014

Inside & Out Tag

I Inside flap/Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough?
I like having a lot of information on the blurb because then it tells you what the book is essentially about, but not so much that it gives anything away. The blurb will make me pick a book up, but it's the first few sentences that will make me buy it.


N  New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: Audiobook, E-Book, Paperback, or Hardback? As much as I love Hardback's they cost a lot and given how many books I buy I wouldn't be able to afford as many as I have now. So I will probably hold out until it is in Paperback form.

S Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean? (Tell us why)

I like my books to be neat and remain in the condition that I bought them in. That means no graffiti whatsoever. However, sadly thanks to two very unpleasant ex-friends, I had graffiti in my copy of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins that took place whilst I had my back turned.


In your best voice, read for us your favorite 1st sentence from a book.
"The two men appeared out of nowhere, a few yards apart in the narrow, moonlit lane." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling.
The first time I read this I immediately became hooked, it's not exciting but it sets the whole tone for the book.

D Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you're deciding on a book? What if you're unsure of the author's gender?
Not really. I've always found that I tend to read more books that I wrote by a female author, because often I guess that they can write about some issues that a man wouldn't write about. It doesn't matter to me as long as the book is good.

 Ever read ahead? or have you ever read the last page way before you got there? 
Yes, I already knew what happened in TFiOS because I accidentally flicked to the last page and saw what it said, but it didn't ruin it for me. If I ever have it has been completely unintentionally because I don't like spoilers. 


&


O  Organized bookshelves, or Outrageous bookshelves?

I don't know what you'd count my shelves as out of these two categories. My bookshelves are organised, but in my own unique way.

U 
Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?
Yes. I bought Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike based on it's amazing cover but I loved it anyway.

T Take it outside to read, or stay in?
Stay in. I'm secretly a vampire.


Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.