Sunday, 26 January 2014

January Book Haul

Displaying Trafford-20140126-00563.jpg

I actually have a haul worth talking about!
After I received a few books for Christmas I convinced myself that I would give Waterstones rest for a while and although I'd look at books I wouldn't buy any.
Then I seemed to get better at reading quickly and read five books over the Christmas Holiday. "Hmm I need more books," I thought and then the whole book buying obsession began all over again.

The first book I bought was The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I had heard loads of positive responses about this book from countless other bloggers and especially from people on Goodreads. The film is due to be released in the UK next month and I think it'll definitely be interesting. I bought this with a Waterstones gift card that I was given to me by my Dad's mum.

Displaying Trafford-20140126-00567.jpgThe second book is Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I was very pleased to win this in a giveaway from Usbourne via Goodreads. This is the first time I've ever won a competition of sorts and so I was delighted. I'd been meaning to buy this book the day after I was told I'd won so I saved some money. Usbourne also very kindly included a postcard and some galaxy hot chocolate in the package too.
The next two books I got I purchased yesterday. I found 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad in The Works. They were having a liquidation sale after Christmas and there was a table filled with £1 books. I've always been fascinated by space and have never read a Sci-fi novel before and the only reason I've heard of this is via Katytastic's unboxing video on YouTube so I haven't got much to go on but hopefully it will be great.

Finally, after a very very long wait I also bought Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I fell in love with Eleanor & Park and after finishing it on New Years Eve I was gutted to find out that Fangirl wasn't due to be released until 30th of January. The Waterstones near me has a knack for having books on the shelves a few days before their release and Fangirl happened to be one of them. I went in to have a look around and this was the first book I saw. After that I had no intention of buying anything but that.

So that is my January 2014 book haul! Have you read any of these books? If so please let me know.

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.