Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Perks of Being a Bookworm: Series


I'm not going to lie and say that to be honest, I've not read too many series' of books in my life. I tend to read more stand alone's but the series that I've read have been brilliant.
Series are always that little concern with me as to whether the series is worth 4, 5 ,6 or even 7 books *clears throat* Harry Potter or whether it should just be summed up into a trilogy.

Sometimes series can be great because there is more to read about the characters you know and love but sometimes you might just want to find out the end of the story yet it continues on and on and on. I know that this is the case for me and The Mortal Instruments Series. I didn't even finish the first book I hated it that much but the more I read about what happens in each book, I just want to find out the ending of the final book. Who lives and who dies and all of that.

THE POSITIVES
  • If you really love the books, then there is more and more of them to read.
  • A series takes you on an extended adventure or a long journey and getting to the ending is the most fun part.
  • You can grow attached to the characters within the series'.
  • Film series that do the books justice!
  • An ever growing fandom is formed.
THE NEGATIVES
  • Sometimes the books can get worse as they go along and aren't as great as the first one.
  • The long, long wait for the next book in the series.
  • Sometimes series are spread out across far too many books.
  • After waiting for so long, you might not get the ending you wanted.
  • Getting hold of the final book.
So that was the second post of the Perks of Being a Bookworm Feature. Please let me know whether you agree that series' of books are a perk or if you disagree too.

I also just wanted to add that tomorrow I'm going away with a group of friends and some other pupils from my school to Belgium. I mentioned this in Saturday's post but thought I'd just bring it up again because there won't be any post's on the usual schedule, hence posting one today. I might schedule one for Saturday but if not then there will be one on Sunday.

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.