Sunday, 9 March 2014

Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider

Severed Heads, Broken HeartsGolden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them - a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His own tragedy waited until he had everything to lose - in one night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra's knee, his athletic career, and his perfect life. No longer part of the popular crowd, Ezra finds himself at the table of misfits, where he encounters Cassidy Thorpe. Intelligent, effortless and wonderfully weird, she is unlike anyone Ezra's ever met before. Together they discover flash mobs, buried treasure, secret movie screenings and a poodle with a questionable history. But as Ezra dives into new friendships and new love, he is forced to ask: if you've managed to survive disaster, what happens when it strikes again?

Sooo, this wasn't what I expected. 
Actually I don't know what I expected, but whatever it was was far from the end result of this supposedly brilliant book.

Severed Heads, Broken Hearts is based around Ezra, who believes that at somepoint or other in everyone's lives, a tragedy will happen. His happened not long before the books narration begins when he ended up in a car crash. Losing friends, relationships and popularity, he decides to rekindle his friendship with Toby, a geeky, unpopular boy who is on the debate team. 

The thing that made me pick up this book was the fact that I wanted to know what exactly the disaster would be and call me emotionless if you want to but to me the "disaster" that happened wasn't so much a disaster as it was an unfortunate incident. And to be honest I was really enjoyed in this book and in the most twisted way was looking forward to this tragedy happening. I thought it was going to be WOW WOW WOW and actually it was more like wo-
It seemed so perfect at first but then...

This Robin is spelt the wrong way but yes... Where's the poop, Robyn Schneider?
The poop was the elephant in the room. The poop was that I was pretty in love with this book but the ending was TERRIBLE. When you are loving a book and it seems so amazing you believe that it is going to be that good throughout but it was like the excitement in this book just jumped off a cliff.

The characters were the same. At first they were rather loveable, especially Cassidy but then they just became more and more irritating. One thing I particularly enjoyed was the way that the book was wrote. It was very similar to John Green's style of writing and made me just want to read more and more. 

This is a fairly short review as although I was fairly disappointed with this book, I feel like because for part of the book I really liked what I was reading, there isn't too much to say. The title of this book is Severed Heads, Broken Hearts and the fact that it was such a let down broke my own heart.



Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.