Saturday, 19 April 2014

Bookish Paradise

The thing that I want to talk about today is not a book specifically. This isn't a review or a feature or a tag or anything like that. This is a ramble of delight about the book blogging community.


I'm writing this at 9pm on a Friday night and after turning my laptop on I had a little brainwave. For the past year apart from Cat's blog Through a Cat's Eyes, I've not actually read any blogs that aren't book blogs. So why not have a look around at some other blogs?



So I went and had a look around. I'm 15 years old, and I'd say that I've held on in childhood for a little longer than a lot of the girls I know. A lot of the people I know from the age of 12 have been covering themselves in make up, dressing like adults and have tried (unsuccessfully) to act older than they are. I don't like people like that - that's why I'm not one of them. But I would like to learn how to do my make up or learn a little more about make up. I immediately went to look at some beauty blogs like Zoella and Sprinkle of Glitter and judging by this post, you can probably tell that that didn't go too well.


The fact is that when reading blogs like those, I feel pretty uncomfortable. Those people who write about make up and clothes and whatever else know what they are doing. I don't have a clue when it comes to make up, not a clue. They talk about this foundation and that blusher and this liquid eyeliner and I feel so uncomfortable because it feels like those people are on another planet to the one where I am. A planet without books. I don't feel like I have a place when reading blogs like that because they talk about stuff that isn't compatible with who I am.


I love the book blogging community. That's the reason I wrote this post. I feel like I do have a place here, a secure place where I've never been made to feel uncomfortable. I admit there have been a few slip ups here and there  but other than that, I feel ironically safe on the internet. I've made friends here and I'm so glad I've gotten to know people who love books just as much as I do. 



Everyone wants a place somewhere, and I think I've found mine here.


Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.