Saturday, 26 April 2014

Interviewing Cat

Today I'm interviewing the lovely Cat from Through A Cat's Eyes. I've been meaning to post this for quite a while, but wanted to fit it in somewhere in April, given that then it's a year since Cat interviewed me over on her blog, so I felt it fitted in some way. Anyway, here it is:

1) Welcome to A DayDreamer's Thoughts! Could you begin by telling s a little about yourself and Through A Cat's Eyes.
Thank you for having me! I'm Catriona (Cat for short); I'm a 16 year-old, vertically challenged, Scottish Nerdfighter, with a passion for all things pretty and a growing book-hoarding problem. Through A Cat's Eyes was born almost 7 years ago (my old posts are deleted though to prevent major embarrassment) and it's my pride and joy. It's a bit of a mixed bag... I blog about books, beauty, decor and general lifestyle stuff - new posts every Wednesday and Saturday!  My blog is my baby. ^_^

2) How did you come up with the name?
It actually started out as "What I've Done Today" *head-desk* but I changed it to "Life Through a Cat's Eyes" a few years ago, and to "Through A Cat's Eyes" about a year ago.I'm known as a Cat by friends and family so I kind of took it to mean, like what life looks like from my perspective. I also just really love cats and have always wondered what life is like on their end, s it kind of has a double-meaning.

3) I discovered you and your blog through Shout Magazine back in 2012 - How did being featured in that come about?
Oh, I'm happy to hear that! I was having a look on the Shout! website and I realised that there was nothing about blogging on it, even though blogging was starting to become more popular. I contacted them raising the issue, not expecting any response, but they replied within a few days asking fr my blog URL. They had a look at my blog and emailed me back asking if I'd be interested in being interviewed for the magazine! I still can't quite believe that it actually happened...

4) Interesting! Do you have a favourite book? If so what is it?
That's one hell of a question... I don't think I have one all-time favourite book but there are a few that are tied for the top-spot: Paper Towns by John Green, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, Starter For Ten by David Nicholls and The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks. There are way too many books to pick on favourite!

5) Do you have any blogging goals?
I'd love to reach 400 GFC followers by the end of 2014 (I hit 300 at the very beginning of the year!) and it would be awesome to be featured somewhere else this year as well. As fr long-term goals, I'd love to hit 1000 GFC followers at some point in the future and maybe even be able to make blogging into a career.

6) Are there any other blogs that inspire you and inspire what you write?
I try not to let myself be influenced by other blogs so I can keep my content pretty original but there are a lot of blogs I really love and a lot of bloggers I admire. Obviously there are the bigger bloggers like Zoella, Lily Melrose, Vivanna Does Makeup, Sprinkle Of Glitter, and Essiebutton (I absolutely love them!) but I also really admire bloggers like Amber from The Mile Bookshelf because she has done so well for herself, and Lexie from Oh Pink Candyfloss for coming so far since she started blogging.

7) What are you currently reading?
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides - my friend Jenni recommended it; I'm half-way through and loving it so far.

8) What is at the top of your TBR pile?
Perfume by Patrick Suskind, and Everybody Sees The Ants by A.S King. They're a couple of my newest books but they went straight t the top of my massive TBR pile - they sound amazing!

9) Now for a question that I answered for an interview on your blog a year ago - Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
I feel bad for asking this question now that I need to answer it; it's impossible! I'm not even kidding when I say I have no idea what I want to do with my life. In ten years I hope to have a good steady job that I enjoy, be living in a cute little apartment with a couple of cats (and hopefully a boyfriend), and maybe even be doing something music-wise that isn't just busking with my friend. My dream job would probably be a creative director or editor for an amazing fashion or interior design magazine.... we'll see where that goes. :D

10) Finally, do you have any advice for new bloggers?
Ignore what everyone else is doing and just do what floats your boat. Oh and enjoy it! Blogging isn't all about numbers.

Thanks to Cat for letting me interview her. Cat is one of my favourite bloggers and I hugely admire her, so it was great fun to do this. Remember to check out her blog!

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.