Wednesday, 28 May 2014

A-Z Book Survey

Author you've read the most books from:
J.K Rowling - though I believe that's quite obvious

Best Sequel Ever:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I know it's not the sequel to the Philosophers Stone but it is a sequel within the series.

Currently reading:
Nothing at the moment, I'm trying to decide what to read next.

Drink of Choice Whilst Reading:
I don't drink whilst reading, if so then probably fruit juice.

E-reader or Physical Book?
Physical books are what I fell in love with when i was little and it will always be that way. I've got no intention of buying a kindle any time soon either.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Dated In High School:
RON WEASLEY. I so wish he was real...

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Torn by Cat Clarke. It didn't appeal to me immediately but I'm glad that I made myself buy it.

Hidden Gem Book:
I'm not sure if this is in the right context but my hidden gem book is the limited edition signed copy of The Fault in Our Stars. The reason that this is limited is because it is a red hardback - which doesn't look anything like TFiOS but it means so much to me. I can open that book and in true fangirl style I can think "John Green has held this book". It sounds weird but anyhow...

Important Moment In Your Book Life:
Harry Potter, again this might appear a few times in this survey but this book has actually completely shaped the last three years of my life and I probably wouldn't be blogging if it weren't for Harry Potter. 

Just Finished:
Love Letters To The Dead by Ava Dellaria.

Kinds Of Book You Won't Read:
Horror, and Erotica.

Major Book Hangover Because Of:
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell caused a serious book hangover - just because it was so, so perfect. I got over it but it is certainly one of the best books I've ever read.

Number Of Bookcases You Own:
I only own one book case which is made up of old desks from a school which I've painted white so they are rather deep. There's four shelves all of which can go three deep and can be piled quite high upwards too. But currently I'm only using two of these as bookshelves whilst I'm trying to accumulate more and more books.

One Book You've Read Multiple Times:
I don't really read books more than once, when I do it's normally a few years after I've read them the first time. Looking back though, I've read Matilda by Roald Dahl countless times.

Preferred Place To Read:
Sitting on my bed.

Quote That Inspires You/Gives You All The Feels From A Book You've Read:

Reading Regret:
I wish I'd read Harry Potter earlier. Maybe then I could have been obsessed with it for longer than I've been now. I should have read them quicker as well so I didn't end up in such a terrible reading slump.

Series You Started And Need To Finish:
Divergent Trilogy. Yes, this is a trilogy and not a series. I've been dragging myself through Insurgent and I'm not enjoying it anywhere near as much as I did Divergent, so I've put that to the side for a while. I might pick it up again over the summer though.

Three Of Your All-Time Favourite Books:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling
Matilda by Roald Dahl
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Harry Potter - honestly I'm never sorry about unhealthily obsessing over Harry Potter

Very Excited For This Release:
Earthquake by Aprilynne Pike. This is the sequel to Earthbound which in my opinion was just amazing. Earthquake is meant to be released this summer and I can't wait!

Worst Bookish Habit:
I re-read the same pages over and over again completely unintentionally. Sometimes I don't notice I'm doing it but this really slows down my reading.

X Marks The Spot: Start At The Top Left Of Your Shelf And Pick The 27th Book:
I've just been up to check - it's Amber by Julie Sykes. I've just finished this today (it's Friday but this has been scheduled) and I wasn't particularly impressed. But I'll explain why in my review.

Your Latest Book Purchase:
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver.

Zzzz- Snatcher Book (Last Book That Kept You Up Way Too Late):
Love Letters To The Dead. I'm ill at the moment and that kept me awake whilst I was off school ill and was meant to be sleeping. It was so good that I just had to keep reading.

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.