Saturday, 3 May 2014

April Book Haul

Seven books, oh dear...

I think that although there is a large pile of books here, I can feel a little calmer at the fact that I didn't actually buy four of them. In March's Book Haul post I said hopefully I wouldn't buy as many books as I did that month, well, that didn't go well. But anyway...

The four books I didn't buy were for review. I was sent The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E Smith from Headline after I requested to be sent the book on bookbridgr, a website I discovered through Charli where you can request books and interviews. I was told there was a large backlog and that there's always the chance that the request wouldn't be accepted so I was surprised when it came through the letter box.

The other three books I was sent for review were from Electric Monkey, who I recently started reviewing for. I contacted them after submitting my disappointed Grasshopper Jungle review and they said they would send Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan and Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick & Suzanne Young as they thought these two books would be better suited to my taste. Then I received the happy surprise the next day when I received the package that they had also sent me Skin Deep by Laura Jarratt too (which I've wanted to read for a LONG time).

Where She Went by Gayle Forman was the sequel to If I Stay which I read about three weeks ago. I loved If I Stay so picked this up whilst I was in Manchester and enjoyed it just as much as the first book. The second to last book is The Importance of Being Seven by Alexander McCall Smith which I bought off Cat from Through a Cat's Eyes. Cat was having a book sale on her blog and I'd seen this in a post of hers ages ago and but couldn't read the title. As soon as I saw she was getting rid of it I bought it - they say not to judge a book by it's cover but I did in this case and I can't wait to read it.

The final book (god this is a long post...) is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling. I own a copy of this already, but I have good reason for buying this. My friend Gabby and I went out over Easter and whilst walking around we discovered an old book shop filled with old books and in the children's section, there was a FIRST EDITION of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. This is my favourite book of all time and I couldn't resist buying it so yep.

Thank you so much to Headline Books, Electric Monkey, and Cat. I'm not even going to hope that I buy less books this month, because pleading is just pointless...

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.