Saturday, 31 May 2014

May Book Haul


May appears to have been the month of pretty books:)

I'm extremely pleased with this months haul, mainly because of the fact that it is smaller than last months and consists of quite a few books I've been waiting a long time for. Another great thing is that I've managed to read four of the five books featured here already so it's not like I've got more to read than before... if that makes any sense...

The first book I received was Amber by Julie Sykes. I came home from school one day to find this ridiculously beautifully wrapped parcel on my bed and practically beamed with happiness. Hawwa from It Was Lovely Reading You sent this to me after I bought it in her blog sale and included a lovely card too. I'd been wanting to read this for quite a while and whilst it wasn't amazing, I really enjoyed it. So thank you Hawwa.

Then over bank holiday weekend I decided to order two books from Amazon. These were Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver and Love Letters To The Dead by Ava Dellaria. I'd loved Delirium by Lauren Oliver and couldn't wait to get into the sequel but it wasn't being sold anywhere nearby. Love Letters To The Dead was also a book I'd been waiting for months for and was disappointed when it wasn't on sale after the release. So these were both purchased from Amazon and were both quickly read. A discussion post with Amy from Amy Bookworm will be posted next month, and we have also written a joint review for her blog which will go up around the same time.

The final two books are Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins and Just One Day by Gayle Forman. I bought Lola and the Boy Next Door last week after adoring Anna and the French Kiss, and I can safely say that it's sequel was equally spectacular.
Then, I've kind of reached a point where I've got literally nothing to read. It isn't that I've run out of things to read but the few books I've got unread on my bookshelves are pretty big so I've put them aside until the summer holidays. Whilst in this situation I decided that for once I actually needed to purchase a book or two and picked up Just One Day this morning. I loved the If I Stay duology and have already started reading this.

Thank you so much to Hawwa once again, and the authors who have wrote these fantastic books :)

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.