Sunday, 18 May 2014

Perks of Being a Bookworm: Standalones


Last time I did a Perks of Being a Bookworm post I focused on Books Series' so I thought I'd sort of do the opposite of that this time. I can safely say that I've read far more standalones than series. And in many ways, I prefer Standalones and I'll explain why through the traditional way which I've done before in this feature.

THE POSITIVES
  • Over and done with. Simples.
  • Instead of being spread out. There is a lot of perfectness combined into one book.
  • Film of the book that extends your love for this one book.
  • No waiting for the next book
  • That book can just be so, so perfect. Instead of having to pick a favourite out of a trilogy or a series - it's just right there. Happiness in a book.
THE NEGATIVES
  • Wanting more.
  • One book might not have done the characters justice.
  • Character attachment.
  • The book would be perfect for a series.
  • The ending isn't too great.
I tried to be equal in this post - and I've actually found it quite hard to think of the negatives even though there are plenty! Personally I do find that I prefer standalones even though I develop attachment issues sometimes with the characters and then want more, but I just think that it is a lot more of a focused way of reading, given that everything is compiled into one book.

And I leave you with Aleksandr the meerkat - the only good impression I can do (apart from Alvin and the Chipmunks).


Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.