Sunday, 22 June 2014

Interviewing Fionnuala


Today I'm very pleased to be interviewing Fionnuala. Fi is a book blogger at Books For Birds and here are her answers to my questions.

Welcome to A DayDreamer's Thoughts! Could you begin by telling us a little about yourself and Books For Birds?
Hi Holly, thank-you for having me! Well, I’m pretty much your ordinary run of the mill fourteen year old, I’ve been a huge Potterhead for years and I love all things Marvel – I’m basically all fangirl, all the time. Books for Birds is my book blog which I use as a tool to share all my thoughts on book related things, and books; because, let’s face it, seeing a blank look on someone’s face every time you try to explain how perfect Eleanor & Park is or how much you ship Noah and Echo (Pushing the Limits) get’s very tiring after a while. Book blogging lets me talk to likeminded people… and when I say talk I actually mean caps locked tweets… hehe.
Books for Birds 
2) How did you come up with the name "Books For Birds"?
The name was really pure luck, I was trying to think of a name that hadn’t been used before, and this popped up – it actually fits though because I love birds, cos they can fly, like, I’m obsessed with flying.

3) Which author would you like to meet the most and why?
J.K. Rowling – this is basically my life ambition, to meet her. I’m not sure that there’s one exact reason, but I really admire her and of course like I mentioned earlier I am an advocate of the Harry Potter world. Meeting her would just be the most amazing thing.

4) A few months ago, you posted a booktube video... How did you find that?
I found the experience nerve-wracking but it was super fun making the actual video. Funnily enough (or maybe it’s ironic…) I got pretty sick after that and wasn’t able to make another video that I was happy with, but I am hoping to start making video’s again in July after our exams finish.

5) You travel a lot as well (not always living in N.Ireland) do you see yourself continuing to do that in the future?
Hmm, I think I would like to settle down back home, in Ireland, and go to university for the next couple of years, but after that yes, I definitely want to travel for a bit before I start worrying about getting a proper job and having a family.

6)Are there any other blogs that inspire you and inspire what you write?
There are many book blogs that inspire me, to name a few The Mile Long Bookshelf, Oh the Books, A Day Dreamers Thoughts, The Perpetual Pageturner - and they do motivate me to put out better content – but specifically I wouldn’t say they inspire me to write specific things.

7)What are you currently reading?
I just finished reading Say Her Name by James Dawson the other night and am planning to start reading the Slated trilogy by Teri Terry!

8) Which books are currently on your TBR pile?
Gosh, there are so many, my physical TBR pile alone has 80 plus books, but some mentionable ones include; Pivot Point, Dorothy Must Die, Ignite Me, Undone, Daughter of Smoke on Bone, We Were Liars and The Archived.

9) Where would you see yourself in 10 years time?
I would think that I would be in the first year of studying my Bachelors in Architecture at University, having overcrowded bookshelves, possibly a job at a second hand bookshop or library and very hopefully still blogging!

10) Finally, is there any advice you would give to new bloggers or people wanting to start a blog?
I would not come to me for advice, but to answer the question, I think I would tell anyone wanting to blog or new bloggers to not be afraid to ask questions and make friends, just be yourself and be comfortable with what you’re writing – your personality will really start to come through. And just enjoy what you’re doing, have fun, it shouldn’t feel like it’s a chore (although sometimes it does).

Thank you so much once again to Fionnuala for letting me interview her, I loved reading her answers to my questions and I hope you do to. Please take a look at her blog Books For Birds as it is brilliant.

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.