Friday, 4 July 2014

June Book Haul


I can explain...

I think before I go any further into June's Book Haul that I just need to put something out there. All the books I got in June I got on the same day. It is just purely coincidental that this is the way that it worked out. Before you skip onto the next blog or close this page thinking that this is going to be pretty boring, there are different reasons that I received these books, and I think I can explain.

To make life slightly easier, this is going to be done in time order, as oppose to going down the pile. The first book I received in June was Requiem by Lauren Oliver. If you regularly read this blog, you'll know that recently I posted a discussion between myself and Amy from Amy Bookworm surrounding the Delirium trilogy. I adored Delirium and Pandemonium and so had to buy Requiem as soon as possible. So I ordered it off Amazon with a "9-12 day wait". And then, on that 12th day, an email popped up saying that my order had been cancelled (very long story) and if you saw my twitter rant with @AmazonHelp then you'll know I wasn't very happy. As soon as I could get out to Waterstones, I went and bought it, read it the same day, and loved it. Hopefully if things go to plan a review of each book in the trilogy should be posted sometime soon.

Upon arriving home I found a package from Electric Monkey at Egmont. I was sent I Predict A Riot by Catherine Bruton for review. I'm yet to read this, let alone review it and so that is a book that I'm planning on reading in the next few weeks.

The next four books need explaining together which is great for you because you don't have to listen to me ramble on for so long - YAY. My Dad bought something for my brother and so he said that I could use his amazon account to buy as many books as I wanted to up to the price of £20.00 which was great for me because I love books *you may have guessed that already*. So I bought the top 4 books that are on my wishlist that weren't on my Ninja Book Swap wishlist - I can't buy anything off there until I know what my book swap partner has bought for me. These books are My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick, Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz, and Hate List by Jennifer Brown. I've read Please Ignore Vera Dietz and Hate List already, both of which were amazing. Has anybody noticed how American books are significantly larger than books here in the UK? It's causing a lot of trouble whilst sorting my bookshelves.

So I sort of told a little bit of a lie...unintentionally. I wrote this post on Sunday and it just so happened that on Monday, my Ninja Book Swap parcel arrived. There will be a post on that soon but lets just say I was very pleased when I received The Diviners by Libba Bray in the parcel. 

Anyway, that's June's Book Haul! Please let me know in the comments if you've read any of the books mentioned and your thoughts on them.

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.