Friday, 18 July 2014

The Reading Habits Tag

I was tagged to do this by Holly from Hollyquillsandivy. Here are my answers;

1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
I always read in my bedroom, normally lying/sitting on my bed, or the pile of cushions by my bookshelves. It's alot easier to read in my room because I loose concentration when I'm surrounded by others. 

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Always a bookmark. Over the years I've accumulated quite a few and it's so much easier than just normal paper. (And they're so prettyyyyyyy).

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?

Generally speaking, I always try to reach a certain number of pages before I stop. So I'll try 50 or 100 per day depending on how I feel. Sometimes if I'm in love with the book I'll just read as much as possible and then stop when I've run out of time to read.

4. Do you eat or drink when reading?

I try to read for about 3 hours at a time (sounds crazy I know, but it's the only way I get a lot of reading done) so I'll normally take up water or fruit juice with me. I never eat when reading though.

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading?

I'd never watch TV whilst reading as I'd just lose my concentration. Sometimes I put very quiet music on, but otherwise I'd rather just read in peace and quiet.

6. One book at a time or several at once?
Until recently, I read two books at a time. Then my reading pace started to pick up and so I now just focus on one book at a time.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?

I prefer to read at home, but I'd be more than happy to read on a train or public transport. Not specifically "everywhere."

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Usually I read silently in my head, because I read quicker that way. However, I suffer from a stutter and have a lot of difficulty when I have to read something out loud in front of people, so sometimes I do read passages from books out loud to help improve that.

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?

Yep. I'm the type that "occasionally" turns to the back and reads the last page. If I'm desperate I will skip pages, but other than that, I don't.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?

Can't bring myself to breaking the spine. A part of me dies when the covers get creased on the books become battered. Sometimes I don't mind like with my Harry Potter's because they look well loved - AS THEY ARE. I'd rather they looked new and neat though.

11. Do you write in your books?

A while ago my mum persuaded me to write my name in my books, so that if I ever loose them then people know that they're mine. But I don't tend to write anything else in as it feels like graffiti.

12. What are you currently reading?
Nick and Norah's Inifinite Playlist by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn

I tag;
Amber from The Mile Long Bookshelf
Rita from Weaving Pages
Cat from Through A Cat's Eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.