Sunday, 31 August 2014

August Book Haul

It's a lot of books, but it was worth it.

Finally, I'm here with my August book haul - and there's a lot of books. Ten to be precise. Actually though, and it's probably best that I mention this now, I received two other review books which I've read, however I do not feature books which I'm giving away. As well as this I received Alex As Well from Charli, however, I've left it in the car.

I didn't actually buy or receive any books until the 10th of August, when I kind of went nuts in Waterstones Piccadilly whilst in London. I'd saved all my money for London and so decided to pick up two books I'd been meaning to get for a while  - Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, and A Kiss in the Dark by Cat Clarke - which happens to be signed! I also saw Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, when I said to my Mum that I was uncertain whether to buy it or not, she just went "get it anyway" out of the excitement of being in such a big bookshop. Then when I arrived back from London, three books were waiting; Roomies by Sara Zarr & Tara Altebrando, Panic by Lauren Oliver - both of which are from Hodder & Staughton, and my first ARC (!) - Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant from Electric Monkey. I also got Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout for review, but really hated it so currently it is trying to find a new home.

So that covers 6 of 10 books. Earthquake, the sequel to Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike, was a book I'd been dying to read ever since finishing the first book, so it was promptly read after ordering it from Amazon. For anyone who is planning to read Earthquake, I know this is just my opinion, although I'll continue with the series, Earthquake was nowhere near as good as Earthbound.

The next books I bought both happen to be green - this coincidence wasn't planned. Unfortunately when Isla and the Happily Ever After was published on the 14th, I wasn't able to get it straight away, so I waited until I could go into Waterstones in Manchester, so that the book could be purchased in a buy 1 get 1 half price deal. This lead to not only buying Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins, but Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. Neither of these books were really what I expected, but I cannot recommend them both highly enough.

Finally, the last book I bought this month was We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. As I'd planned to read this this summer, but hadn't actually bought it yet, I picked it up in Waterstones last Tuesday. I'm planning on reviewing this pretty soon, but for anyone who hasn't read this yet, you should know that all the hype has been worth it.

Anyway, that's all the books I got this month. Have you read any of these? If so let me know in the comments.

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.