Sunday, 24 August 2014

The British Tag




I was tagged to do this by the lovely Helena from In A Few Nutshells and the amazing Amber from The Mile Long Bookshelf. In recent months I've tried to cut down on the number of tags I've been doing but honestly, as a proud and patriotic British person, there was no way I could pass up the opportunity to do this spectacular tag.



1. How many cups of tea do you have a day? + How many sugars?
As a British person, it pains me to say that I don't actually drink tea. For 11 years I've had a fear of milk and there for I've never drank a cup of tea before. Not even the tiniest sip.



2. Favourite part of your roast
Roast Potatoes! It's that or gravy.



3. Favourite dunking biscuit
Again, this is a tea related question, but we British do eat biscuits a lot. So I'd go for Hob Nobs :)



4. Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
Probably complaining. British people are known for being rather pessimistic and we like to moan and complain a lot. I'd say I'm pretty good at this. Or watching QI and admiring Stephen Fry.



5. Favourite word?
Iridescent. It's been my favourite word since I was about six.  Other favourite words would be lovely, wonderful and spectacular - typically British words.



6. Cockney rhyme slang?
Apples and Pears. That's all I know. I'm not from London okay! I'm Mancunian.



7. Favourite sweet
I don't eat sweets so I'm going to go for chocolate, and you can't beat Cadbury's choclate whether it be a flake or dairy milk.



8. What would your pub be called?
It would have something to do with wildlife, so maybe as they're one of my favourite creatures - "The Splendid Owl" perhaps. Yeah, I like that.



9. No.1 British person
Emma Watson. She is my idol and I've got so much respect for her. 

No. 2 would definitely be J.K Rowling.


10. Favourite shop / restaurant
My favourite shops are Waterstones, HMV and maybe Paperchase. Restauraunt wise - Pizza Hut, or Table Table, and I know it's not a restaurant but I LOVE Costa :)



11. What British song pops into your head?
Come on Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners, Asleep by The Smiths, Heroes by David Bowie, Wonderwall by Oasis, Shout by Tears for Fears, Patience by Take That. Other than Take That, you can see the 80's music obsession.



12. Marmite.
Yes.



Thank you for tagging me Helena and Amber!!! I tag Sophie from A Day Dreamer's World, Rachel from Booktastic Reviews, and Jean from Oberjean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.