Friday, 19 September 2014

Sophie's Interview

1)Welcome to Lost in a Library! Could you begin by telling us a little about yourself and A Day Dreamer's World.
Of course! I'm a fifteen year-old who can usually be found with her head in a book or pen in her hand. I've ran my blog since April 2012, and although mostly a book blog, I also love to write posts about world issues, in my feature The World from YA Eyes. Over the past few years, I've become a huge fan of 'The Hunger Games' and while also spending a lot of time at Starbucks and procrastinating. Continuously.

2) How did you come up with the name "A Day Dreamer's World"?
I can never remember! I think it was because I'd always been - and still am - a dreamer. No matter the place, I'm day-dreaming; but I'd also like to think I'm more of a 'doer' these days.

3) Which author would you like to meet the most and why?
I think it would have to be Suzanne Collins(author of 'The Hunger Games') as her series first introduced me to YA novels, and was my first read in this genre. She also inspired me to read books that dared to be controversial and challenging, and deal with such serious topics. She's had a huge impact on my life, and I'd like to tell her that. Also, I'm - no doubt - curious about what happened to Katniss, Peeta, Gale and Effie after the books ended!

4) You do a lot on your blog surrounding the campaign against bulling (which is such a great thing to support) do you see yourself continuing posting about bullying etc?
Thanks, Holly! Last year, I ran the Anti-Bullying Blog Week, which had me in tears daily because of how honest everyone was being about their own experiences. Another project has been in the works for a while now, but it came to a halt for me to do my GCSE exams this year. Luckily, they're over and done with now, so I'm going to be preparing for the launch of the 'Turn the Page Project' over the next few months. At the moment though, I'm working with authors Siobhan Curham and Andy Robb on THIS(http://dearbullyletters.blogspot.co.uk/) amazing campaign about writing anonymous letters to those who bullied you/you bullied.

5) We're doing this interview four days before The Fault in Our Stars is released in cinemas. I know that you plan on going to see it and so which scenes are you anticipating the most?
I actually was able to go to one of the advanced screenings being held across the country a week ago, and I thought the movie was great! It's a near perfect-adaptation of the novel, and despite a slow start, it was both full of humour and heart-breaking at the same time! Before the movie, I was anticipating the Van Houten and Anne Frank House scenes in Amsterdam the most, and these were definitely my favourite!

6)Are there any other blogs that inspire you and inspire what you write?
I think everyone blog I read does, in a way. Each blog, including yours Holly, is so good, and I just want to write better posts and come up with more exciting ideas to match theirs. I'm not saying I'm competitive; it's just that reading other blogs makes me want to be a better blogger.

7) What is your best book related memory?
I think there are two. One would be when I finished 'The Naughtiest Girl in the School' by Enid Blyton when I was about eight, which I remember so well because I freaked-out over finishing my first over-one-hundred-pages novel. Also, meeting Sarah J. Maas, which was incredible, as she is definitely one of my most-loved authors!

8) Which books are currently on your TBR pile?
My TBR must include about fifty books that I own at the moment - but at the top of the pile are Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher and 1984 by George Orwell, which I borrowed from the library a while ago. Ooops!

9) Where would you see yourself in 10 years time?
Hopefully, having finally finished a novel and visited NYC!

10) New York! Finally, is there any advice you would give to new bloggers or people wanting to start a blog?
I'd always say to not try and write what seems to be 'popular'. Write what you love talking about, as this will really show in your writing. And, use social media! My blog has changed for the better since I got a Twitter account!

Thanks for letting me interview you Sophie!
Thank YOU, Holly, for letting me be on your blog! 

Thank you once again to Sophie for letting me interview her - and sorry I didn't get this up earlier than now! Remember to take a look at her amazing blog A Day Dreamer's World!


Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.