Friday, 3 October 2014

September Book Haul


*Sighs*


Admittedly I'm actually very surprised by how many books came into my possession in September. Never, did I plan on accumulating so many but it has meant that I've read some REALLY good books recently.

The first part of this haul is going to be books that I bought myself. Back at the very start of September the first book I bought was Wonder by R.J Palacio which is a middle-grade novel about a young boy who was born with a deformed face and his first encounters of school. Many, many people have praised this book and for what it was, I completely understand why this book is so highly acclaimed. Following on from this Model Misfit by Holly Smale (the second book in the Geek Girl series), and Infinite Sky by C.J Flood - which is about a forbidden friendship between a girl and a gypsy boy. Once again, cannot recommend these two highly enough. These were on buy 1 get 1 half price so couldn't miss the offer. I then returned to Waterstones a week later and with the help of Fiona (Eventide Reads - who works there) I purchased A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall. If you want to see my thoughts on that then click HERE. The last book I bought was Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. This is the first book I've ever bought from the Book Depository and I was really disappointed with there service - as you may have seen on twitter.

Onto books for review - Hodder and Staughton kindly sent me The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey as well as Lips Touch by Laini Taylor - both books which I reckon Ruby will be pleased that I'm finally getting round to reading (my first Laini Taylor!) These look gorgeously beautiful and I can't wait to start reading.

One book that I didn't expect to receive this month is Landline by Rainbow Rowell. As you may remember, I featured Landline in my July book haul and absolutely adored this book. So when Amber contacted me saying I'd won her giveaway, I was delighted given that this is a SIGNED RAINBOW ROWELL BOOK. THE FEELS....

Finally I have four books which my Dad bought for me. At the beginning of the month I got my  GCSE result for Science - it wasn't what I'd hoped for, but I'm proud considering I was really ill during my exams. So my Dad got me some books as a present for passing. These are Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer - I adore the film so cannot wait to read this. Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler, Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour, and Deathless by Catherine M Valente.  Why We Broke Up and Everything Leads to you were books that I'd been dying to read (I've read Everything Leads to You now and it was amazing) and Deathless is a book that me and Amelia have decided to buddy read together.

Thank you to Amber, Hodder and Staughton (and my Dad) for these books!

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.