Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Letters to Winter




Dear Winter,

I’ve been waiting for you. 12 months have passed by and yet it feels like you never went away. I’m so glad that you’re back though, because this year hasn’t been the greatest of years. It has been a whirlwind of enormous amounts of pain and the occasional bits of happiness, but mainly pain. It’s painful to write that. It is December now, and it is by far my favourite month, my birthday and Christmas are nearly here - this is what I've been waiting for.

You, are my season of reflection. When nostalgia kicks in and as much as I’m desperate to move on at some points there will be brief moments where I feel like I don’t want to let go. But I need to. I have to.


Love, Holly


As inspired by Carrie Hope Fletcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.