Friday, 2 January 2015

2015:: Goals



Happy New Year!

The title is somewhat misleading, as this year I've decided not to make any new years resolutions. Reality has hit me and I understand that I personally feel that no progress can be made in my life until I've left school in late June. Until then, I don't feel like I can really be happy. Jean wrote a post on why she disagrees with New Years that I completely agree with and suggest you check out too.

These are going to be goals and proposals for Lost in a Library in a relaxed format that I'd like to share with you.

:: 2 posts per week - I've been doing this since May but I tend to go a little crazy in the holidays posting every other day. Because this has proved too much, I'll probably be sticking to Fridays and Sundays.

:: Read 50 books - Last year I set my Goodreads Challenge to 20 books as at the time I was a slow reader. I reached 92 so my original plan was completely underestimated. Given that my GCSE exams are this year and I start A Levels in September, I've decided to go for a number that seems fairly managable where I can take my time.

:: Actually do features - I'd like to bring some new features to this blog, and continue Perks of Being a Bookworm.

:: Reading Variety - YA Contemporary is my favourite genre, but I didn't really explore anything else in 2014. My first read of 2015 has been a Sci-fi, and hopefully more Fantasy, Adult fiction, dystopias and classics will come into my grasp.

:: Buy more books from Charity shops - I'm a literary perfectionist. This means that I like my books to be in perfect condition at all times, however I started to let go of that concept last year and to save money, I'd like to buy more of my books from charity shops.

:: Miscellaneous completely unrelated to blog stuff - Continue learning Dutch, learn how to edit videos, go to YALC (if they do it again!), once I've left school have an amazing summer.

What are your bookish goals for 2015?

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.