Sunday, 25 January 2015

Questions for a Reader

1. Which book has been on your shelves the longest?

I don't think I can pinpoint a certain book as about a year ago I drastically moved around a lot of my books to other places in our house. It's probably one of my Jacqueline Wilson's.

2. What is your current read, your last read and the book you'll read next?

This will probably be scheduled, but as it stands now, currently I'm reading Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. I've no idea what I'll read next but I'm hoping that it'll be Earthquake by Aprilynne Pike.

3. What book did everyone like and you hated?

City of Bones. I absolutely HATED that book. This may be to many people's disgust but I think the writing is awful.

4. Which book do you keep telling yourself you'll read, but you probably won't?

I tell myself and tell myself that one day I'll finish The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. For 6 months now I have had another 400 pages to go. Just not feeling it right now.

5. Which book are you saving for "retirement?"

The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith. I'm saving it for a moment when I'm just like;


6. Last page: read it first or wait till the end?

Yes I'm guilty of going to the last page first - not with every book but I do it with quite a few. 

7. Acknowledgements: waste of ink and paper or interesting aside?

FIne by me! I'm an aspiring author and I know that if I ever do get a book published then I'll want to say thank you to people I know.

8. Which book character would you switch places with?

She goes through a lot; being tortured by Bellatrix, going on the run etc, but I'd love to switch places with Hermione Granger. Not just to marry Ron (although that is one of the main things).

9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time)?

Harry Potter reminds me of a time when I was in such a dark place. The world of Harry Potter has changed my life - there are so many things I would've never done if I wasn't obsessed with it and it's my place to escape to.

10. Name a book you acquired in some interesting way.

My first edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. My friend and I went into an old bookshop in the town where we live and she pointed out that they had some Harry Potter books - I picked up Deathly Hallows because that's my favourite and I was just like "Oh hey, it's a first edition". If we hadn't gone in that day then I would never have found the book.

11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

I gave away my copy of Cursed by Jennifer L Armentrout to my friend Gabby because she love's Aprilynne Pike's books and Cursed had similar themes.

12. Which book has been with you to the most places?

Definitely The Fault in Our Stars. It has been with me to London and back, and it has been to Belgium and France with me too. 

13. Any "required reading" you hated in high school that wasn't so bad ten years later?

I HATED Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck - just not my kind of book.

14. What is the strangest item you've ever found in a book?

I bought Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen from Cat at Through a Cat's Eyes and about halfway through reading it I found a bus ticket of hers inside :)

15. Used or brand new?

Preferably Brand New but I'm happy with used.


16. Stephen King: Literary genius or opiate of the masses?

I wouldn't know. i've never read a Stephen King book and never intend to.

17. Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?

I'm going to be hated for this but Harry Potter. I saw the books before watching the films and whilst I adore the books and prefer the characters in the books (far more developed), for 2 hour films they're pretty good.

18. Conversely, which book should NEVER have been introduced to celluloid?

Firstly, I just want to point out that until googling it, I didn't have a clue what Celluloid meant. I'd say Divergent. I LOVE Shailene Woodley, and Ansel Elgort as actors but I just feel that Divergent is just one of those books that shouldn't have been turned into a film.

19. Have you ever read a book that's made you hungry, cookbooks being excluded from this question?

Anna and the French Kiss. The food in that book just sounded amazing. 

20. Who is the person whose book advice you'll always take?

Certain bloggers like Lucy, Ruby and Hawwa's advice definitely!

Feel free to do this tag! What would your answers be to some of these questions?

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.