Sunday, 26 April 2015

EXAM SEASON:: What's Happening?

April has arrived, and soon, May and June will be with us too. That means that exams are coming - majorly important exams. Thus, changes are happening.

At the beginning of the year I said in my Blogging Goals 2015 post that I'd like to maintain the amount of content that is being posted during exam season. Now looking back, I've decided that that isn't the best thing to do. I fear that if I try posting whilst my exams are happening, posts won't be of a good quality, and that is something I always try to aim for in my writing. Due to this my blogging schedule will change slightly.


::: Normally I post on Friday's and Sunday's. During this time I will be going down to one post per week. There may be the rare occasion where this is otherwise, but generally this will be stuck to.

::: Posts will not be so heavy. I know this is basically telling you what's going to be happening, but as far as I can see, all there will be in those months are light features, a small book review here and there, my monthly book haul, and my monthly wrap up. No discussion posts!

::: All posts will be scheduled - this is going to be harder for Book hauls and wrap ups, but I'll write those when I get the time. Please also forgive any grammatical or spelling errors during this period!

::: Comments will still be replied to. This may be one day a week, whenever is convenient, but they will be replied to.

::: Reading will slow down, branching out from the book haul/wrap up situation. I've recently been reading books quite quickly but time is going to be limited for both reading and book buying. 

It has never been my intention to stop blogging completely when it comes to my exams - as I've said before I'm finding school and friendships etc difficult right now and blogging is one of the lights in my life. It really keeps me going. But I really need to focus on my exams and doing the best I can. My first GCSE exam is Art & Design, and that is being held on Thursday 30th April and Friday 1st May. So.... this coming week. I wrote this a few months back and now reading this, and realizing that this is going live actually sickens me - i'm kind of panicking...That means that from here on things are going to be a little different. I won't be gone completely but there will be some absence from now on. 

Holly x

6 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad if you can't keep up during this time, just think about the freedom you'll get when you're all done - oh the amounts of books you'll be able to read and review and discuss! It's good to know you'll still be with us on Twitter, even if it's quiet one here. I wish you the best luck with all your exams Holly, I'm sure you'll do amazing! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sabrina! I'll do my best xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck, good luck, good luck! & though I know it probably won't lessen your anxiety for the up-coming exams, try not to stress over them too much! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww good luckk! <3
    We totally understand and also, I've done the same with my blog :)
    I take IGCSE as well, (the I is for International), it's EXTREMELY hard and I need A STARS because I'm 18 and this is my last session.

    GOOD LUCK again! Wish you all the best xx

    - Jumana @ http://booksbyj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.