Thursday, 25 August 2016

Now Quoting: Every Day


See my previous Now Quoting: We Were Liars [Because let's ignore the fact that it took me a year to create a second part to this series. A year.]

 


Focusing on the meaning of identity and what really makes us who we are, David Levithan's Every Day is quietly extraordinary. By no means is this a conventional Young Adult novel, but instead a story bursting to the brim with philosophy, angst and heartbreak. Even the most stoic of personalities will be moved by the tale of a person with no physical body to call their own. Nearly 18 months on, I still struggle to comprehend the tidal wave of emotion I felt reading this truly exceptional book. Every Day will change the way you think and the way you live; ultimately revealing a person who values and sees preciousness of life as it is.


Have you read Every Day? If so, what are your favourite quotes?


2 comments:

  1. I haven't read Every Day yet! BUT I WILL FOR SURE!! I've only read Will Grayson partially by David Leviathan, soooo I definitelyw ant to read a book that's just by him eventually. These quotes are gorgeous. I love the first one!

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a must! I've read quite a few of Levithan's books at this point, and Every Day is by FAR his best!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.